Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sweet Potato Casserole

This is a traditional Thanksgiving side dish. I love the look of it, but I have to say it's a little sweet for me, and I think I prefer just plain baked sweet potatoes with no extra sugar added. They are extremely sweet after all!
4 medium sweet potatoes, baked and mashed
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 C miniature marshmallow
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Bake the sweet potatoes for about 1 1-4 hours until cooked. Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes and then peel and mash with a fork.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the sweet potato, brown sugar, salt and vanilla.
Spoon the mixture into a small casserole dish, and sprinkle the miniature marshmallows over the top.
Lower the temperature to 375 degrees, and bake for about 25 minutes until the marshmallows begin to brown and start to melt.

No comments: